Mold appears on the surfaces of your kitchen, bathroom, and sometimes even on your bedroom walls and floor. This is due to the exposure of humidity and moisture of home surfaces.
Households tend to ignore the problem, which can be dangerous. Mold build-up in homes can cause health risks, with symptoms ranging from mild to severe.
Some symptoms of mold exposure can be similar to that of an allergy. Usually, nasal and sinus congestion is present along with cough and sometimes sore throat. Also, there is chest tightness, dyspnea, asthma, headache, and sometimes irritation in the eyes and skin.
In the worst cases, mold toxicity can cause cancer due to aflatoxin being a carcinogen. Aflatoxin is a toxin produced by fungi. Mold can also cause pulmonary fibrosis and pulmonary injury. Aside from this, neurotoxicity, hematologic and immunologic disorders, hepatic and renal toxicities, and gastrointestinal and cardiac conditions are also possible severe symptoms of severe exposure to molds.
Other symptoms may include psychological distress, exhaustion, changes in touch or sensation, muscle weakness, vertigo, coordination problems, mental fog, breathing problems, and digestive issues.
With the listed symptoms, it is safe to assume that molds won’t do your family any good. With this, treatment of the mold infection is necessary. First off, start with containing or stopping the exposure. Contact mold removal services in Canada to exterminate these foul organisms at once; High Tech Carpet Cleaning offers free, on-site inspections for those who are interested. Continue with boosting your detoxification pathways, and lastly, to ensure immune protection, increase your body’s levels of Vitamin D.
Protect your family even from organisms that are not visible by the naked eye. Don’t hesitate to contact mold removal services at the first sign of mold infestation in your home.